Looking for a custom metal deck railing for your deck? Structural Beam can design, manufacture and install it for you! Call 773-917-8998 for a free quote!
Need a Metal Deck Railing for Your Project? Call Structural Beam!
Designed and made specifically for your metal deck project, a custom steel railing is a thing of both beauty and function. Order custom metal railing fabrication and installation in Chicago, IL, by Structural Beam, call 773-917-8998 today for a free consultation!
Perfect function, perfect form
Metal deck railing materials
There are various materials used for metal railing fabrication: mild structural steel, stainless steel, aluminum. Mild structural steel products, like HSSs, bars, perforated plates are Structural Beam’s choice, and there are good reasons for this:
- Steel deck railings are stronger than aluminum railings
- Steel deck railings, properly protected by powder coating, are way more corrosion-resistant than wrought iron ones
- Steel deck railings are powder-coated in colors of your choosing and blend well with the overall style of your deck and its surroundings
- Structural steel deck railing requires virtually zero maintenance and retains its structural integrity for a very long time
- Metal railings with picket infills are super-safe for kids and pets
- Perforated plate infill allows for extra privacy
- Stainless steel cable rails are slick-looking, this type of railing system consists of top rail and cables running through the holes in the poles. Alas, not great for kids’ and animals’ safety. Cable railing is harder to maintain, as well
Prefab or custom? The choice is obvious
When planning for a metal deck railing, there are two options available. You can either go with prefab railings, available in the market or go for the custom-made ones. Let’s take a look and see what are the advantages and drawbacks.
Prefab factory-made metal deck railing
Readily available, factory-made railings come in different styles and price ranges. There are, of course, limitations:
- Only a limited number of rail styles are available
- Specs of the raw materials prefab railing were fabricated from are predetermined, often pre-fabs are a tad flimsy
- Types of mounting may not fit well with your architect’s ideas
Custom-made metal deck railing
With a custom-made deck railing, you’ll have the following advantages :
- You and your architect will have unlimited full freedom of aesthetic expression and can choose the style of the railing and the type of infill freely
- You will have a choice of raw materials for fabrication, so you can choose how strong you’d like your metal deck railing to be
- The custom-made metal railings, tailored for your particular metal deck design, will integrate seamlessly and look great
- Structural Beam’s experienced miscellaneous steel fabricators can produce the matching railings for the metal deck and metal deck stairs
The best and the easiest way is to order everything in one place, in the same style and materials. If you are in the process of choosing a miscellaneous steel contractor for your metal deck project, or metal porch project, Structural Beam can do that for you!
If you already have an existing metal deck in Chicago, IL, and are looking for a miscellaneous steel contractor to fabricate and install matching custom metal deck railing, let me walk you through the process of having it done by Structural Beam.
Metal deck railing designing
If you don’t yet have the blueprints for custom metal deck railing, our professional miscellaneous steel designer is there to help. We will produce the blueprints for our miscellaneous steel fabricators. If you are looking to get matching metal rails for the metal deck’s staircase, our designer will help to create the drawings for them, too.
Fabrication drawings and estimation
Our fabricators and designer will produce exacting shop drawings. Based on the takeoff for your fabrication project, Structural Beam’s estimators will come up with an exact cost of the project, so you can be clear on the price from the beginning.
Metal deck railing fabrication
Your deck rail will be fabricated in our well-appointed professional metal fabrication workshop, with attention to detail, using the best practices of the trade. We’ve done many successful fabrication projects, please see our portfolio.
Metal deck railing installation
Our miscellaneous metal installation workers will have your new metal deck railings installed. Since steel erectors are in the loop early, they have already worked out all the details with the engineer and fabricators, and have exacting placement drawings at the ready, so the installation will go smoothly.
Structural Beam is a reputable local company with a high rate of returning customers. We’ve got a big portfolio of successful metal fabrication and erection projects. Order metal railing from Structural Beam today, call us at 773-917-8998, and tell us about your project!
How do you build a metal deck railing?
Metal deck railing is fabricated in a factory, or in the metal fabricator’s workshop if it’s a custom metal deck railing. It is then installed in place by qualified professionals to make sure the railing is safe to use.
How much does it cost to install a metal porch railing?
The exact cost of a particular metal porch railing installation project depends on many factors. We will need more details, please upload your blueprints by using the form on our website, and we’ll get back to you with a free price quote.
What is the most cost effective deck railing?
The steel deck railing, or miscellaneous metal railing, is by far the most cost-effective option out there. Professionally fabricated and installed, powder-coated custom steel deck railing is a definite winner in the long run, since it requires little maintenance, looks great, and can serve you for decades.