Professional steel home builders, ready to take on any metal building project, call Structural Beam today at +1 773-917-8998 for a free consultation!
Professional Steel Home Builders And Erectors In Chicago, Il.
Be it a new steel home building erection, or building an addition, a garage, or a barn, Structural Beam is up for it! We are a reputable and experienced one-stop structural steel solutions company with many successfully completed projects under our belt. Call +1 773-917-8998 today and tell us about your project!
Metal building homes, a popular solution
Steel building kits for steel homes are produced by metal building manufacturers and are as popular today as ever, and there are good reasons for that :
Steel building homes, savings from the start
- Square foot price, the cost efficiency of steel buildings and metal homes is hard to beat, and you can either allow a larger dwelling for the same price tag or really save on that metal building home construction
- Save on engineering and architect’s services, because most metal building manufacturers offer to do it for you unless you’d really like to go for it with an architect and engineer to create your own custom metal home
- The faster and cheaper construction process. The construction process has started offsite, on the metal building factory floor, so the on-site construction process can be very swift. All building components are manufactured to the exact dimensions, allowing for fast and seamless assembly, either by you or by your GC
- Steel building kits allow the steel building construction to begin immediately after the metal home kit arrives at the building site, provided the foundation is ready
Freedom of space, freedom of planning
- Metal building home allows for open, wide, adjustable floor plan. Your living quarters can be planned as you like, without supporting walls, columns, etc. With custom metal building homes you get more freedom in planning your living space, thanks to that clear span steel buildings are famous for
- It’s easy to plan your financing because the final price of the metal home itself is known from the beginning and the final cost of your steel house building can be easily calculated and won’t change throughout the project
- Flexible size, you can have it as large as 10.000 square feet and as wide as 100 feet, all without supporting walls and excessive columns, taking up that space off your living quarters
- By using customization options, you can adjust custom metal buildings to your particular requirements
Metal homes, save now, and save later!
- The higher energy efficiency of steel homes. Metal homes are more energy-efficient, due to the possibility to use thicker insulation because the space is not taken up by supporting walls
- Near-zero maintenance cost for years and decades to come
- Durable and strong, metal home can be designed to withstand strong winds, heavy snow loads, and earthquakes, whilst maintaining structural integrity
- Unlike wood-framed homes, metal homes experience no wood rot and neither termites nor rodents can harm or destroy it
- Steel framed homes are naturally fire-resistant
- Steel is Green- over 90 percent of structural steel metal home kits are made of recycled steel and can be recycled again and again
- Virtually no waste of materials of any sort, building package includes all the necessary building materials in exact quantities, along with building plans
No wonder metal building homes are that popular, and with prices of lumber going up worldwide, the popularity of metal houses will only be increasing. The same goes for metal garages and barns, you’ll get much more bang for your buck if you go metal.
DIY or LGCDI?
Metal homes are often DIY constructions, they even come with assembly instructions, that are relatively easy to follow, and for smaller metal building constructions, like a cabin, addition to an existing house, or a garage, it makes sense to really DIY, if you have time and a bunch of friends ready to help.
Erecting large metal building home structures by yourself can prove tricky, and possible mistakes can’t be corrected that easily after the job is done. Structural Beam, your local, Chicago, Il steel home building company, is there to help. Our team of professional metal home erectors can do it for you if you decide to LGCDI — Let the General Contractor Do It.
What are the advantages of LGCDI?
- Professional metal building home erection assures correct assembly and long lifespan of the metal home building
- Professionals go by building codes
- You can save your precious time. If saving every penny is not the main reason why you are getting a metal home, and you can make more money doing your job than save money by doing the job of steel building erector, there you go
- General contractors can as well arrange for the foundation slab to be poured, the basement to be built, or the foundation to be built, etc., and do the full metal house erection cycle, saving you time and efforts you would otherwise spend coordinating different contractors doing only their part of the job
- Some larger metal building home erections are meant to be done by professionals, anyway
Should you decide to go LGCDI in the Chicago, Il area, call us at +1 773-917-8998 today for a free quote! If you have already ordered your metal home kit, we can do the rest. If you haven’t ordered it yet, we can help you to get one, and do the rest. Structural Beam is happy to do it for you.
Is a steel frame house cheaper to build?
Steel frame house construction is the cheapest option there is, by far. At the same time, by choosing to build from steel, you are not compromising anything, but only gaining more freedom to plan your living spaces as you please, and have a virtually zero-maintenance cost house for decades to come. Building from steel is a smart, and eco-friendly choice.
How much does it cost to build a steel building home?
The price of your steel building home construction project depends on your choices: the type of metal home building you choose, the square footage of it, the type of roofing materials you decide on. Call Structural Beam today at +1 773-917-8998, and get a free price estimate for the metal home you’d like us to build for you!
Is it cheaper to build a metal building or wood?
Building from metal is a cost-effective alternative and eco-friendly alternative to building from wood, at all times, and particularly now when the price of timber is through the roof. Besides, building from metal will not only allow you to save on the building process but to save later on, due to near-zero maintenance costs over the years, and better insulation saving you that energy you’d be using for heating or cooling of your home, according to the seasons.