Looking for a main horizontal support steel girder beam for your Chicago project? Call 773-917-8998 to get it today!
Save Money on Structural Steel, Get Your Girder from Structural Beam!
The cost of raw materials for steel girder beam fabrication constitutes over 90 percent of the overall cost of fabricated steel girder beams. Steel girders are essential to any steel-framed construction and support smaller beams. By ordering a steel girder beam from Structural Beam, you can get great quality steel beam at wholesale price, call 773-917-8998 today!
Steel beams and girders
Steel girder advantages
What is a girder, and why use a structural steel girder? A girder, or a girder beam, is basically the main support beam, that supports joists, and transfers the load from joists to structural walls, or steel columns, depending on the construction of the house.
There are advantages to using steel girders, compared to wooden girders.
- Steel girders will give you decades of reliable support
- Steel girder beam is compatible with wooden and steel joists
- A steel girder is impervious to mold, fungus, rodents, termites, you name it
- Steel girder beams are made of structural steel, that has great mechanical properties, and provides a predictable performance
- Structural steel members have a great strength-to-weight ratio, providing strong support without adding too much weight to your construction
For a structural steel beam to become a girder, a large horizontal support beam that supports smaller beams, it has to go through the process of manufacturing and fabrication. But, first, you’ve got to buy raw fabrication structural steel materials to fabricate from. And, if you find yourself searching for a “steel girder beam near me”, means you are determined to get them. Here’s our expert’s advice on how to both get a high-quality steel girder beam and save money doing it, read on!
Saving on steel beams
Getting hold of raw steel beam materials for fabrication can be tricky, and involve some extra expenses.
- The main thing to remember here is that small fabrication shops often don’t have a wide variety of steel beams for girder fabrication readily available. Not all beams can become girder beams, since a girder is the main beam, supporting the weight of joists, floor, and inhabitants of the house, so it has to be sturdy enough to do so. Yet, it shouldn’t be too heavy for the task, so it’s better if your girder supplier has a choice of I beam to fabricate from.
- The other thing is that the price of steel beams for girder fabrication can vary considerably, depending on the supply line of the structural steel supplier you decide to work with. There’s always some extra you are paying them, naturally. But, you don’t really have to!
Structural Beam offers our customers to buy steel girder beams at wholesale price. We are happy to do it since we have a great supply line for structural steel products, and get them at the wholesale price ourselves. Besides, for smaller beams, we might just have a right left-over piece just lying around, so to speak. So, call us at 773-917-8998 and check, how you can save on buying that steel girder beam near you, at no extra cost!
Structural steel fabricators work hard to deliver quality structural steel members and of course, their work costs money. Structural Beam’s fabrication workshop is a well-equipped professional workshop, that allows achieving high-quality fabricated steel girders, without waste of materials and time, thus the overall cost of the fabricated steel girder beam you buy from us is lower, and quality higher, a true win-win situation.
Saving on logistics
By buying a steel girder beam for your project in Chicago IL from Structural Beam, your local structural metal provider, you can save money on logistics, and have your girders delivered to your construction site, at a very reasonable price. No need to hire a truck, or do some unsafe DIY transportation, have it done by professionals!
A great deal from Structural Beam!
Even though steel girder beam can cost quite a bit if you decide to DIY the whole thing, from getting raw materials to transportation, etc., getting your steel girder beam from Structural Beam can actually save you money!
In case you require a general contractor to work on your project, involving steel girder beams, you can rely on Structural Beam in that regard, too! We are a local, Chicago IL based one-stop structural steel solutions provider, with masonry capabilities! Please check out our portfolio to get an idea of what our team is capable of!
Get a high-quality, industrial standard steel girder beam for your project in Chicago IL from Structural Beam, a reputable local company near you, call today at 773-917-8998 for a price quote!
Frequently Asked Question
What is difference between girder and beam?
The main difference is that although they are both beams, a girder is a main support beam, that receives the load from joists, and transfers the load to structural walls, or to structural steel columns, in the case of steel-framed steel construction. So, the girder will have a larger ft/lb ratio, since it has to bear and transfer more load.
What is the difference between girder and joist?
The main difference is that a girder is a main structural support member, and a joist is a secondary structural support member. Girder supports the joist, and that’s why it has to be stronger, than the joists it supports, due to the higher structural load it has to bear and transfer.
How much does a steel girder cost?
To determine the cost of a steel girder for your project, we will have to have more details. If you’ve got blueprints ready, you can upload them in the form on our website, and our specialists will get back to you with the price quote. You can also reach Structural Beam by phone, call us at 773-917-8998, should you need any consultation for your project!